“All you need to know about the entire process of divorce”
Even if you have children from the marriage, here’s the information you need to get your divorce done quickly, hassle-free, and with less stress.
When it comes to divorce, most people ask themselves:
What will it take? How long will it take? What will it cost?
If you are considering a divorce, you are probably asking yourself these same questions; and here you will find the answers to those questions.
First, here is one key piece of information you need to have: there are only 2 types of divorces- an uncontested divorce OR a contested (or litigated divorce).
- Uncontested Divorce: Simply put, this is the one where you and your spouse agree on everything that needs to be decided to finalize your divorce in a way that works for you. You avoid spending more money than necessary, spending more time than necessary, and you reduce the emotional stress usually created by the process of divorce.
- Contested or Litigated Divorce: This is the one where you and your spouse don’t agree on one or more things. When this happens, you both will get to spend your time, spend money to get in front of a judge so that whatever you dont agree on can be decided for you by that judge. You also may get the bonus of the emotional roller coaster (frustration at the process, anxiety over the uncertain outcome, etc.; the emotional stress).
UNCONTESTED DIVORCES ONLINE – The Quickest, Easiest, Less Stressful Divorce
Compare Benefits of an Uncontested vs. Contested
|What will it take?||agreement between you and your spouse that you want a divorce||- lawyers
- a judge to decide
|How long will it take?||- can take about 3 weeks|
- can be started online
- calendar of judges and lawyers
- your ability to pay legal fees and costs
|What will it cost?||- flat fee|
- filing fee
|- usually a high initial retainer, along with hourly fees
- filing fees
- other court/legal costs related to litigation
|Bonus Benefit||-Less emotional stress|
-great for spouses who want to get along after the divorce, especially if there are kids
As you can tell, uncontested divorces leave nothing for the judge to decide, because leaving anything to the judge to decide means that you will have to put on evidence. Not having to do this is what makes them the quickest, easiest and most inexpensive divorcenot the fact that you may have children, or property, or debt or whatever.
Even better, you can start your uncontested divorce online right now.
Compare that to the contested divorce, where you have to put on evidence, you have to hire lawyers (unless you know how to put on evidence in court), possibly experts (depending on what youre fighting each other over).
With a contested divorce you will also get stuck in the clogged legal system waiting to get the divorce done because it is not just a matter of showing up–a lot goes on before you even get to see the judge. You don’t get to start the process online (except maybe set up an appointment with a lawyer) because these contested divorces require collecting a lot of facts and what evidence will be needed as to why you should “win” what you want. Once you start making appointments you also start incurring attorneys fees.
If YOU Can Answer YES to the 3 Questions Below, then I Can Help You Get it Done in About 30 Days (sometimes less).
YOUR answers to these 3 questions will tell you if you qualify for an Uncontested Divorce You Can Start Online
- Are you and your spouse in agreement that the marriage is over?
- Have you and your spouse agreed on what to do with whatever property or debt you have?
- If you have children, do you and your spouse agree on the time-sharing with the children, and that the court will have to set an amount of child support if the Florida Child Support Guidelines indicate that there should be one?
If you can answer YES to these 3 questions, as they apply to your marriage, then you can get an uncontested divorce, usually in 3 weeks from the day we file the divorce papers with the court.
If there is even one no to any of the above questions, or if either of you have questions as to what rights you have granted in marriage by our Florida divorce laws, then this process is most probably not for you until those questions are answered. (That doesnt mean I cant help you; it just means I will need more information from you to see what can be done to get you to an uncontested divorce).
But if you answered YES to ALL those questions, then heres how to get started.
How to Start Your Uncontested Divorce Online With Us Now:
1. Provide your contact information now.
2. After submitting your information, you will receive an email asking you to confirm that you want me to contact you. After you confirm, I will contact you within 1 business day to ask you a couple of more questions to make sure you satisfy all the requirements, including the legal stuff like jurisdiction of the Court to get you divorced. And you get to ask me any questions you may have about this process.
3. If youre good to go, you will be on your way to getting the divorce decree about 3 weeks from the date we open the court case.
4. You will only pay a flat fee to us (plus the filing fee),
for the entire uncontested divorce.
This service is Not about
You filling out forms online, printing them and filing your divorce on your own, which is what most divorce online sites advertise. Thats called filling-up forms online.
Thats not what I mean by an online divorce.
We complete the divorce papers you will sign, using the information we will ask you for; and we file the case in court to get the case started.
More importantly, we go to court with you on the day of the divorce final hearing.
You are not left alone to wonder around the Courthouse making long lines at the Self-Help Center, or asking legal questions that they cannot answer.
What I do for you, that the online divorce form outfits and the friendly folks at Self-Help cannot do, is answer all your legal questions via telephone while the divorce is pending, (which I prefer) or via email (which I will do if thats what you want but it takes longer).
If you are ready to get divorced, you answered “Yes” to the 3 questions above; and what you and your spouse want is to get on with your lives as soon as possible, then you can start this easy process right now. It is the easiest way to get a divorce.
This Service is Not for you if:
- You are looking for a
- You have questions about your rights under Florida divorce laws
- If you have minor children of the marriage but you dont want to have the court set a child support amount if that is what the Florida Child Support Guidelines call for. (Setting an amount is mandatory; collecting it if not paid is a different process).
This Service IS for you if:
- You and youre spouse agree on getting a divorce, AND
- You both agree what to do with whatever property and/or debt you have AND
- You do not have minor (under 18 years) children of the marriage OR
- If you do have children of the marriage, and also agree on shared parental responsibility and time-sharing; and understand that the court must set a child support amount according to the Florida Child Support Guidelines, AND
- You are comfortable using the phone and email to get things done AND
- You want to get it done quickly, usually in about 3 weeks from the date of filing.
IMPORTANT: After you submit your information, please check your email (including your SPAM folder).